Fifth Dimension Catalog Contact Us
Hodgkin's Lymphoma - Risk Factors
Ernest H. Rosenbaum, MD
- 1. Drugs - anthracyclines - cumulative dose relationship.
2. Age. Children under four and older adults are at higher risk (breast cancer, small-cell lung cancer, and congestive heart failure).
3. Sex. Girls are more vulnerable than boys.
4. Radiation therapy techniques (now improved).
5. Known coronary artery disease, hypertension, obesity, older age, family history of cardiac disease, abnormal lipoproteins (cholesterol), and lifestyle habits (smoking).
Screening for Cardiac Abnormalities
- For valvular and ischemic heart disease, using echocardiograms, radionuclide angiography, cardiac MRI, PET scans, cardiac profusion, and other imaging techniques for assessment.
Tests for every one to three years are justified. Premature arteriosclerotic valvular disease assessments are important.
You are welcome to share this © article with friends, but do not forget to include the author name and web address. Permission needed to use articles on commercial and non commercial websites. Thank you.