Fifth Dimension Catalog Contact Us
References for Chemotherapy-induced Peripheral Neuropathy Fact Sheet
Meredith A. Wampler, PT, DPTSc and Ernest H. Rosenbaum, MD
References Chemotherapy-induced Peripheral Neuropathy Fact Sheet
- 1. Chaudhry V, Rowinsky EK, Sartorius SE, Donehower RC, Cornblath DR. Peripheral neuropathy from taxol and cisplatin combination chemotherapy: clinical and electrophysiological studies. Ann Neurol. Mar 1994;35(3):304-311.
2. Forsyth PA, Balmaceda C, Peterson K, Seidman AD, Brasher P, DeAngelis LM. Prospective study of paclitaxel-induced peripheral neuropathy with quantitative sensory testing. J Neurooncol. Oct 1997;35(1):47-53.
3. Wampler MA, Hamolsky D, Hamel K, Melisko M, Topp KS. Case report: painful peripheral neuropathy following treatment with docetaxel for breast cancer. Clin J Oncol Nurs. Apr 2005;9(2):189-193.
4. Chaudhry V, Chaudhry M, Crawford TO, Simmons-O'Brien E, Griffin JW. Toxic neuropathy in patients with pre-existing neuropathy. Neurology. Jan 28 2003;60(2):337-340.
5. Taxol Prescribing Information. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/onctools/labels.cfm?GN=paclitaxel. Accessed April 13, 2005.
6. Taxotere Prescribing Information. http://www.aventis-us.com/PIs/taxotere_TXT.html. Accessed April 13, 2005.
7. Abraxane Prescribing Information. http://www.fda.gov/cder/foi/label/2005/021660lbl.pdf. Accessed April 13, 2005.
8. Prescribing Information for Navelbine. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/onctools/labels.cfm?GN=vinorelbine. Accessed April 13, 2005.
9. Prescribing Information Vincristine. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/onctools/labels.cfm?GN=vincristine. Accessed April 13, 2005.
10. Carboplatin Presribing Information. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/onctools/labels.cfm?GN=carboplatin. Accessed April 13, 2005.
11. Oxaliplatin Prescribing Information. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/onctools/labels.cfm?GN=oxaliplatin. Accessed April 13, 2005.
12. Cisplatin Prescribing Information. http://www.fda.gov/cder/ogd/rld/18057s68.pdf. Accessed April 13, 2005.
13. Wampler MA, Hamel, K., Topp, K. S. Impairments in postural control resulting from taxane-induced peripheral neuropathy in women with breast cancer. Paper presented at: International Society of Posture and Gait Research Annual Meeting, 2005; Marseilles, France.
14. Dougherty PM, Cata JP, Cordella JV, Burton A, Weng HR. Taxol-induced sensory disturbance is characterized by preferential impairment of myelinated fiber function in cancer patients. Pain. May 2004;109(1-2):132-142.
15. Butler L, Bacon M, Carey M, Zee B, Tu D, Bezjak A. Determining the relationship between toxicity and quality of life in an ovarian cancer chemotherapy clinical trial. J Clin Oncol. Jun 15 2004;22(12):2461-2468.
16. Wampler MA, Rugo, H., Rosenbaum, E., Miaskowski, C. Evaluation and Treatment Recommendations for Taxane-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy in Women with Breast Cancer. Paper presented at: Supportive Oncology Conference, 2005; Chicago, IL.
17. Feldman EL, Stevens MJ, Thomas PK, Brown MB, Canal N, Greene DA. A practical two-step quantitative clinical and electrophysiological assessment for the diagnosis and staging of diabetic neuropathy. Diabetes Care. Nov 1994;17(11):1281-1289.
18. Bloom S, Till S, Sonksen P, Smith S. Use of a biothesiometer to measure individual vibration thresholds and their variation in 519 non-diabetic subjects. Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). Jun 16 1984;288(6433):1793-1795.
19. Miller AB, Hoogstraten B, Staquet M, Winkler A. Reporting results of cancer treatment. Cancer. Jan 1 1981;47(1):207-214.
20. Galer BS, Jensen MP. Development and preliminary validation of a pain measure specific to neuropathic pain: the Neuropathic Pain Scale. Neurology. Feb 1997;48(2):332-338.
21. Cella D, Peterman A, Hudgens S, Webster K, Socinski MA. Measuring the side effects of taxane therapy in oncology: the functional assesment of cancer therapy-taxane (FACT-taxane). Cancer. Aug 15 2003;98(4):822-831.
22. Richardson JK, Sandman D, Vela S. A focused exercise regimen improves clinical measures of balance in patients with peripheral neuropathy. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. Feb 2001;82(2):205-209.
23. Galer BS, Dworkin, R.H. A clinical guide to neuropathic pain: The McGraw Hill Companies; 2000.
You are welcome to share this © article with friends, but do not forget to include the author name and web address. Permission needed to use articles on commercial and non commercial websites. Thank you.